Travelers coming to the US, Canada and Mexico to ride may find prepaid phone plans useful, especially if you bring your own device. There are many out there.
I switched to an AT&T prepaid plan because it better meets my travel needs and saved me $750 a year – a 60% drop from my old AT&T postpaid plan!
- My new plan gives me 8GB data at high speeds and unlimited text/talk throughout Mexico, Canada and the U.S., an amount double my average use
- I can now use the phone as a hotspot to update the blog if wi-fi is not available but a cell signal is present – super useful and not allowed on my previous plan
- I chose to continue to use my existing phone, another benefit of this plan
- There were no charges for canceling the old plan (I was no longer on contract) and there were no setup fees for the prepaid plan
- From a safety perspective, I can continue to use cellular beyond 8GB, at reduced speeds suitable for messaging and mapping
- Auto pay results in a discount – a service I use anyway
Everyone’s needs are different. I’m just describing the plan that meets my needs best. I’ve pasted the details (as they exist today) below. Here’s a link to the prepaid plans..